As you have probably heard the Multi-Age met their 5th grade buddies this week. They were able to spend some time together on Thursday morning to discuss activities they would like to do throughout the school year. Some of the ideas were to have a Buddy Lunch, go on field trips, and build with Kapla. All of the children seem elated with their new friends, and are looking forward to spending more time together.
As a classroom community, we came together to talk about how we can help each other in and out of school. The children discussed what they were good at and what they could teach each other. Each student created a poster demonstrating their special skill, and wrote a sentence about how they can help others. These ideas were posted on a Resource Wall that can be used as a reference to find someone if help is needed.
Hopes & Dreams
To start off the school year the children talked about what they want to learn in Mulit-Age. They all designed an illustration, and wrote about their goals. They are hanging on the walls as a visual source of inspiration to help guide them through their learning. Please take a few minutes to check out what your children are striving for. "I want to know about Abraham Lincoln."
Questions to Ask
1. What did you do with your buddy during Buddy Time?
2. What have you started working on in Art?
3. What math games have you played?
- Back to School Night - Sept. 23rd
- Parent Education Evening - Oct. 30th
- Photobucket - You can check out pictures taken throughout the week on Photobucket. The password is "Multiage".
- Sign Out - Please remember to PRINT your name when you are signing out, in order for us to clearly read who picked up your child.
- Lunch/Snack - If you are ordering hot lunch, or packing a lunch/snack please make sure to involve your child in the process. This gives them the opportunity to say what they like and what they don't, and encourages them to eat what they have chosen.
If you have any questions please feel free to email us. Have a great weekend!
We have had a wonderful first week of Mutli-Age. The children have been busy creating the foundation for our morning meetings, while learning classroom routines. They have been having fun while playing games and eating snack out on the big yard as a whole class. We have started with a little Writer's Workshop, where they have created the "Map of the Heart", have discussed math concepts, and of course had a little Explore Time. It has been fabulous getting to know the 1st years, while watching the 2nd years take on a leadership role. New friendships and connections are already blossoming, and we can't wait to see how they develop.
We hope you are hearing about the exciting things going on throughout the week, but in case you would like a few more details, we have some questions to ask;
1. What sound do we use to signal the start of Morning Meeting?
2. What games have you played during snack?
3. Who did you play with during Explore Time?
We again want to welcome you to Multi-Age, and say that we are looking forward to an exciting year. We sent out an email with all of the "Nuts and Bolts" of the classroom on Wednesday. Please let us know if you did not receive this, so we can be sure to add you to the email list. Don't hesitate to email any of us if you have any questions! Thank you so much, and have a wonderful weekend!
Choose groups to clone to: